- Compliments are always a great way to make others happy! Whether you tell them their hair looks nice or that you like their shoes, it is a super easy way to brighten up someone's day! They will be thinking all day about how nice you were to notice something small. I love randomly complimenting someone when I am out at the store. I used to think all the time how nice certain things were about other people and I realized that simply saying them out loud will make others happy!
- Helping my elderly next door neighbor makes her happy I'm sure! I will get Kyle to take in her trashcans or shovel her snow and half of the time she is at work so she doesn't know that he did it, but it makes us happy to know that she can come home and rest! You can always do this for any of your neighbors! It's always nice to have something unexpected done for you!
- Donating items that you no longer use or need is always a nice gesture to make people you don't know happy. Everyone can use help at one point in their life or another and knowing that you are helping a complete stranger in their time of need will make them and you happy!
- Baked good make everyone happy! When you are visiting someone, bring them over something homemade! it will show that you are considerate and will make the recipient happy! Sugar has that effect!
- If someone drops something, even if it was change, pick it up. I know this sounds simple, but you would be surprised how many people watch someone drop something and just continue to walk. One time I saw a man drop money out of his pocket while he was try to pull something else out and I let him know. Turns out, it was over a hundred dollars! He was very happy not to lose that!
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hershey's blogging program, for a gift card worth $25 and some product. For more information on how you can participate, click here.